Friday, May 17, 2019

She Gets a Kick Out of Me


It was dark and a little windy.

I was slightly disoriented.

It seemed like I was in a familiar place, but everything was just a little off.

I was looking around, my anxiety level rising, trying to plant my eyes on something familiar and comforting, but failing miserably.

A small bunny  -  or was it a squirrel?  -  creeped out from under some shrubbery and looked at me.

My first reaction was "oh, cute!" but then its body tensed, claws extending from its front paws, and its eyes turned a flaming red just before it lunged at me.


Well...what would you do in a moment like that?

Would you instinctively kick at the demon rodent in an attempt to spare yourself some kind of rabid attack? I know I did.

And that's when I woke up.

And that's also how Beloved got the bruise on her ankle.

And that's also why I spent half the night last night in the guest bedroom.

No comments: