Friday, May 31, 2019

For the 600th Time...


Who could ever have predicted it would have come to this?

"Not I," said the little pig.

"Not I," said the brown dog.

"Not I," said the blogger, wondering if anyone else remembers Captain Kangaroo reading The Little Red Hen.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

It's actually, factually true...this is the 600th piece of nonsense posted under the title Almost the Truth.

Having begun on Christmas Eve of 2007, that means I've averaged 1.008403361344538 posts per week for almost 11.5 years. (And yes, I'm pretty sure that 99.44% of you did not bother to actually read that statistic. I know I wouldn't have.)


*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Just in case you're wondering, as of this week, the most-read post in all that time has been "Pictures Inappropriate for History Books." (I think we all know what that implies about the casual World Wide Wackfest surfer.)

The subject I've written about the most is Pop Culture, with 221 posts bearing that tag. But holy shamoley, that's a pretty wide-reaching, generic "subject", am I right? Of far more personal importance to me are the 13 posts declaring that Fred Basset must die. Seriously...why the farnsworth hasn't that hashtag taken over the world?




*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Many thanks to the few, the proud, the masochists who have come along on this journey. I hope you've been given some moments of mirth along the way. That really is what it's all for. If laughter is the best medicine, Almost the Truth is dedicated to healing the world...one grin at a time.

Thanks for Liking, Following, and Sharing the joy.

No comments: