Friday, May 25, 2018

#MakeItBetterWithDrPepper


It has been well-documented in this space that I have a particular fondness for "The Wine of Waco," Dr Pepper (not a sponsor). Not only is it refreshingly refreshing when imbibed ice cold, but it also is deeply satisfying when sipped from a mug, steaming hot.



I've seen a few recipes that call for Dr Pepper to be added and it got me to thinking...

How might Dr Pepper improve things that are NOT eaten or drunk?


  • I started my scientific investigation by emptying a 2-liter bottle of my favorite soft drink into my car's gas tank. I cannot, with a straight face, recommend this as a fuel additive. However, for those few moments when the car was still able to produce exhaust, it smelled really good.
  • DP works well as a stain for wood floors. It also has the side benefit of tickling when you walk barefoot.
  • For personal protection, Dr Pepper will work in a pinch as a replacement for pepper spray. It doesn't really incapacitate the attacker, but it makes them feel disgusting enough that they rush home to take a shower.
  • Slathering on this nectar doesn't repel mosquitoes, but the caffeine jacks their tiny hearts into blow-out mode. The backyard becomes a miniature, biological fireworks spectacle.

2 comments:

Scott Bachmann said...

I was addicted to Dr. Pepper for most of my life, an addiction that I trace back to church camp when I was a kid. You could get a large cup of DP over ice for 25 cents at the "canteen"...and it was SO good on those hot Alabama afternoons. Anyway, after many failed attempts, I finally quit cold turkey 2 years and 4 months ago. Lost about 30 lbs. Been clean and sober ever since.

Dewey said...

Wow...that losing 30 pounds thing sounds very tempting. But I can sometimes be very good at resisting temptation