Friday, April 13, 2018

SweetCheeks and the Funny Hunger


We had SweetCheeks for an impromptu overnighter not very long ago. As per usual, she woke up for her day of snuggling Marco SansPolo at about the same time I woke up for my day of pretending to accomplish things for DocumentCzar from my home office.

So, at 6:30 AM, we sat together at the dining room table; she with her SnapCracklePop and me with my TwoScoopsOfRaisinsInEveryBox.



Flash forward three-and-a-half hours. Beloved has now arisen for her day of changing the closet to spring and summer. She and SweetCheeks are in the kitchen together, and I hear SweetCheeks winsomely whine, "Gramma? I'm hungry."

BELOVED: Yeah, I guess you didn't eat very much for breakfast, did you?

SWEETCHEEKS: Can I have something to eat?

BELOVED: What would you like?

SWEETCHEEKS: Can I have lunch?

Maybe this falls into the category of "You Had To Be There", but my laughter rattled the toy teacups.

No comments: