Let me confess something right up front and get it over with: I never think about April Fools Day until it's far too late to accomplish a prank with any epic qualities at all.
But if you're like that, too, then me being like that is, like, good news for you, because after years of being like that, I have accumulated, like, a list of not-entirely-horrible pranks that can almost be pulled off with, like, no prior setup...that you might almost like.
- Do you have a sprayer at your kitchen sink? Put a rubber band around it, so the next person to use the sink gets a refreshing surprise.
- Go to the closet and turn all your roommate's shirts inside out.
- Tell everyone you've changed your name to BattalionLeader and don't respond to anyone unless they call you that.
- Answer every question with "I don't know, but I'll check on it."
- Cover the toothpaste tube with canola oil.
- Best of all: Leave a note for your roommate/spouse/child wishing them a happy April Fools Day and assuring them that you have no intention to prank them. Then watch them spend the rest of the day worrying about when you're going to prank them.