Friday, November 28, 2014

Racist Holiday


Speaking as a European-American, I feel led to express my outrage at the blatant racism of today's holy celebration known as "Black Friday".

On this special day of the year, dedicated to the buying and selling of abundantly superficial objects, it is sick and wrong to offer such savings and early-morning wrestling to a particular skin-tone-based minority.

Am I not also a consumer? Do I not also have the capability of impulsively buying a kitchen widget? When you scan my plastic, does it not cha-ching?

It's Just...Not...Fair!

And it's not that I begrudge people of color the opportunity to waste their money. I just would appreciate some equal time.

If we must celebrate Black Friday, could we also have a Pale-Pink Saturday? Or a Brown Tuesday?


No comments: