Sunday, April 13, 2008

50 Ways Recap


Okay, neighbors...what have we learned? We spent the last 87 posts talking about the feature, "50 Ways to Make Your Life Better in 2008" that appeared in U.S. News & World Report. What can we say in the way of a conclusion?


"What have you learned, Dorothy?"

Well...I learned that it's not enough to just want to have a better life. I've got to be proactive about it. I've got to spend money on things that the magazine editors think are valuable. (5 "ways" fit in this category) I've got to be more eco-friendly. (7) I've got to jump on the bandwagon and become part of some trendy things. (12) And more important than anything else, I need to change my lifestyle so it matches that of a snooty, NPR-listening, tree-hugging, wannabe sophisticated, politically-correct, liberal goose-stepper. (16)

[For those who are counting, that leaves us with one idea that had already passed its expiration date, and 9 actual pieces of good advice.]

I am so glad my subscription to U.S. News was paid for by frequent flyer miles that were about to expire, and didn't use any actual, honest-to-goodness...you know...money.

No comments: